05 September 2007

Only 9 more days....

Tick tock... It seems like each passing day is going by slower than the last. I only have 9 days left in the states and it is sort of surreal. It seems like I have sooo much to do and yet, I'm not worried. For once in my life, I'm just letting things work themselves out. I've wasted too much time in the past worrying myself to death over little teeny tiny unimportant minuscule details and I've had enough. The past two weeks I have decided to just breathe and enjoy myself, and I have. I've made to trips to Knoxville and they have been incredibly enjoyable. I reconnected with my long lost love, sushi. If you haven't met her yet, you should. She will do things to your mouth you never dreamed possible...

So now we're leaving the slightly philosophical, preachy, and beginning to get creepy part of the blog to get to more substance. aka. The Life of Eric. After all, who really needs the Life of Pi??

The day has finally arrived... and by the day I mean my bassoon. Yes. I'm sooo happy. When it arrived today at my grandmother's I was very sad, because I ripped open the box and realized I didn't have a reed with me to try it. I know... sad times. So I proceed to drive home, bassoon in tow, and practically run everyone else off the road in the process by driving 80 mph all the way. (Yes, I know my life is boring when I am that excited to play a new bassoon). Anywho. I get home, soak a reed, put my baby together, begin to play and beautiful music erupt from the horn until I play that ill-fated note. No, not an Eb, but alas, a G. That is correct folks, probably the first note I ever played on the bassoon will not play. In a prolific panic (isn't alliteration fun?) I call my stepmom and she calms me down. I notice what is wrong, the spring isn't working right, but surprise surprise, I don't know how to fix it. Luckily, after 10 minutes of conversation with Barry Trent (thank you, Mr. Trent) I am able to readjust the spring and all is right in the world. Except for this post which most of you have quit reading at this point.

Now onto France related news...

One word.... Skype. Download it. It is quite amazing. I can call any other Skype users anywhere in the world for free. I bought a USB phone today and made my first call to France to reserve a hotel room. It is amazing that the desk attendant understood everything that I said just fine, yet he had trouble with BEUERLEIN. Looks like my name is hard for everyone, not just US Americans. I actually had to spell my name for him 5 times. But finally he got it right and I now have une chambre simple pour une nuit when I arrive in Chambéry the night before I can move into my dorm.

Time to go to sleep, so that I can wake up early in the morning and make some gas money to go back to Knoxville yet again for football weekend!!!! Heck yes for going to the game as a normal student and not wearing a uniform. But I might shed the slightest tear during pregame. For now....

Bonne nuit
Ciao
Auf Wiedersehen

2 comments:

Ben said...

I'm so happy for you! I'm even more happy about your US Americans quote.. Oh, and you should be happy. I created a freaking account just so I could post on here. Word

Liz said...

it was actually physically painful to watch that video. US americans should know, however, that there ARE some attractive blondes who aren't retarded. (ahem).

have you named your bassoon yet?! also, you didn't mention what kind it is. 601? 220? 240? hooray your new baby :-D