13 September 2007

Demain!!!!

Yes. That is correct, everyone. I leave tomorrow!!!! Sure it might be helpful if I already had all of the stuff I needed and didn't have to make a Walmart run. Sure it might have been a good idea to already be packed, but for anyone who knows me, that's not how I operate. *Cut to me starting my 5 page French paper at 11pm the night before it's due. That being said, let's recap the last few days.

Tues PM.
My family all went out to celebrate my bday/leaving (or as they like to call it, abandoning them). My mom had this wonderful cake made:


So just to let you know, my mom doesn't know the slightest bit of French, so this cake was quite an undertaking. While I was in Knoxville for the weekend, she rummaged my room and took a French-English dictionary and one of my hs french books. She tried to compose "Happy Birthday and Goodbye" on her own and produced this, "Heureux anniversaire bon adieu." So apparently she wanted to personify my bday and thinks it's a good thing that she won't ever see me again. Hooray for translation. Needless to say, she broke down and called my hs french teacher, Elaine Thompson (Madame). Let me just say that she was almost my fav hs teacher, a close tie with my AP English teacher, Mrs. Joiner. Madame was able to offer some help to ma mère and you can see the finished product. Oh, and my mom almost used the Union Jack instead of the Tricolore. :-(

Wed.
This morning I started off my day by babysitting my niece, Layla, for a while.


We watched the new Charlotte's Web movie and then I had to take her to the hospital, because ma grand-mère was having knee surgery. They told her to be at the hospital at 8h30, but she just waited in her bed until they took her back to the OR at 13h30. Slightly ridiculous. During this wait time however I went to visit Madame. In case you have never gone back to visit your hs after graduating, it is a VERY weird feeling. Anywho, she was very shocked and happy to see me. We exchanged contact info and talked all about my year abroad. She said that she expects postcards so I guess I'll have to send her some. OH, and her daughter lives in Karlsruhe, Germany so I'll probably need to make a stop there to say hey.

Then, last night consisted of packing. By packing, I mean I took all of my clothes, books, etc that I'm carrying with me and spread them across the living room and opened my suitcases. Tonight will consist of filling these suitcases and praying to God that they meet the weight restrictions.

Well now it's time for the dreaded Walmart run. I'll post again when I get to Europe and have internet access.

Salut!

1 comment:

Acadaemia Nut said...

Have fun on your overseas adventures Eric! Give me your mailing address when you get there. I might send you a postcard from the homeland...if you're lucky :)