Bonjour tous,
Yes. In case you're wondering, I DO realize that it's been more than a month since my last post and hopefully this horrible trend won't continue any longer. Unfortunately seeing as I have a translation exam in approximately 8 hours, this will be a brief post, mostly geared at trying to make me sleepy since my sleeping schedule is all f*d up right now due to hella traveling and to extreme stomach issues (more details to come in later posts, of the former not the latter(i mean come on, I'm not Ysabel ;-) ) ).
Ok, so this blog has one major point which is directly addressed at 3 of my probable 4 readers (sorry Mira). I'm working on planning/preparing for my junior/senior/whatever-you-want-to-call-it recital. Back in the fall, Liz came to visit and I was pretty sure that we had figured out a program, based on French bassoon music. However, I'm starting to debate one of the pieces on the program and need some advice. I'm having trouble deciding between two pieces, the Tansman Sonatine and the Tansman Suite. I had decided on the Sonatine and even got the music while i was home, but the past few days i have been listening to the Suite and am starting to like it more. Ugh, that's where you guys (Benhameen, Ys, and Liz) come in. If at all possible, could you try to listen to recordings of the two pieces and give me your opinion. I know Liz probably knows both pieces by heart and has the good CD. However, i don't think it would be too hard to find a recording or i could try to send you a copy. I know that the Sonatine is available on ITunes, but I'm not sure of the quality.
Anywho, any help would be GREATLY appreciated and now I'm gonna try to get a little sleep. Thank you all for taking the time to read this slightly boring post and i promise i will post again with many more interesting things on tuesday.
à tout!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
* I had to re-write my comment because the original one contained a typo. Unacceptable!! Moving on...
Awww, two shout outs in one post (albeit, a very looong-awaited post ;)
1. Yes, I write about bowel movements way too often. I can't help it.
2. I will try and listen to those recordings soon and give you my wisdom.
3. Why does it have to be French bassoon music? There are some pretty kick-ass bassoon/clarinet duets out there...only they're not French. Boo.
January 8, 2008 8:55 AM
hahaha.. everything that comes out of her mouth makes me want to pee my pants. i looked for the piece in the radio library and couldn't find it! you have a recording you could send to me? and i think we should play poulenc on your recital. it would be hot. (in my mind that last sentence should be read a la james lipton).. :-)
Post a Comment